Friday, November 16, 2012

Sephora V.I.B 20% off sale haul

I know that a lot of people know that the past weekend was the sephora V.I.B sale that happens only once a year.  Most people take complete advantage of this sale and so did I but i kept in mind that i wanted to go all out for Boxing day sales so i restricted myself.
 I honestly was going to get only the sugar lip treatments but the set of six for $58, but the impulse and hoarder inside of me just keep walking around in the store and kept picking up things I didn't need but only want just to secure my next year 20% off V.I.B status.  I believe that all V.I.B that went in that weekend to buy anything would receive their reusable Sephora bag.  I read only that a lot of people were dissapointed since last year they got umbrellas.  I'm not going to complain because this is the first time I got to be a V.I.B so whatever :), still got a cool bag.
 Ughh i still droll over this set but I knew I couldn't even finish using one of these in a month! Look at all those pretty colors! I know that when summer hits, I'm going to get that coral shade (maybe if i ever finish my Korres lip butter in Mango).
 I thought that the set of six was the only value set so I was quite pleased there was a smaller trio set.  So i just picked this one up just to be more sensible and the fact that i didn't want to spend almost $60 for lip balms LOL.  I can get frugal sometimes I know.
 This set comes with the colors berry, Honey and passion.  I'm most excited to use the Honey color since it looks like a really nice nude browny color, my favorite!  I haven't tried the other two but I think it would be somewhat the same thing as Rose which I got for free from Sephora's free birthday present. Got this set for $25.60 after discount.
I finally picked up the beauty blender! I know I know, this has been out for decades and I never really got into the whole WHOO EGG SHAPED BLENDER! I was a little bit hesitant on getting this since it is $26 for a little sponge but I decided why not since I do have 20% off :D.  I used it the other day and I have to say I really love it! I couldn't believe my eyes but this little egg thing actually makes my skin look flawless! I'm no longer scared of using foundations since foundations usually make me look dry but not anymore! I also picked up the solid soap for this for $8 (original price $10) which smells really herbally and clean,  Works quite well but I will also have to try cleaning the egg with regular soap too. 
 Isn't this boring? Got a duo eyelash glue which I would NEVER use all of.  I had to throw the tube away from about three years ago that which I never even made a dent in the tube.  One thing I really don't like is the smell! It smells like stinky plastic :/.  I thought it was just my old tube but the new tube smells the same too.  Yuck!  Doesn't really matter since I don't use false lashes that much but this is nice to have :).
The sephora girl gave me a small sample size of the NARS eye make up remover which was really sweet of her :D.  I didn't even notice that she gave me a sample since it was hiding under the bag.  I noticed two days later when I went back into my bag to take these pictures. I'm happy since I can leave this in my purse, I always needed some make up remover on the go anyways!

I think I did okay for an impulse and hoarder that i am.  I spent $75 after tax so I think I did okay.  I was walking around the store and picked up the Cinderella mirror that i liked for $26, another Korres lip butter in guava, sephora deluxe face sample for $57, benefit porefessional for $18? and the little benefit sampler for $47.  Yea needless to say, i got myself under control in girl paradise.  

What did you guys buy in the sale? Did other people get their 15% off yet or is that later on?

No comments:

Post a Comment

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...